- Participant who fulfils all the following requirements is eligible to enjoy a HK$500 discount for a staycation under the ‘Staycation Delights’ programme:
- he/she has attained the age of 18 before hotel check-in;
- he/she is either (i) a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (‘Hong Kong’) holding a valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card (‘Permanent Resident’) or (ii) a non-permanent resident of Hong Kong holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card (‘Non-permanent Resident’);
- he/she has received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine under the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme implemented by the Hong Kong SAR Government before staycation check-in. The vaccine(s) must be received in Hong Kong; and
- he/she has spent HK$800 or more at an eligible physical retail and/or physical dining outlet(s) in Hong Kong.
- The above requirements are not applicable to any accompanying guest(s).
No. Eligible participants must have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in Hong Kong under the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme implemented by the Hong Kong SAR Government before check-in.
- You can accumulate receipts from eligible retail and/or dining outlets starting from 16 August 2021.
- Starting from 9am on 7 September 2021, you can contact the Participating Hotel directly and follow the booking method specified on this website, either by email or via the hotel system to make a reservation.
- Please be reminded the booking submitted before 9am on 7 September 2021 or using a non-specified booking method will not be accepted to enjoy the Discount Staycation Offer.
- A valid machine-printed receipt(s) must clearly specify the merchant’s name, item(s) purchased, date and purchase amount.
- Electronic payment slip(s) (namely credit card and EPS card) will not be considered as valid original machine-printed receipt(s).
- If the machine-printed receipt(s) or electronic payment slip(s) of a merchant does not list the purchased item(s), a handwritten merchant sales invoice listing the item(s) purchased, merchant’s name, date of purchase and total amount spent should be submitted concurrently. Upon verification of the content of the handwritten invoice against the machine-printed receipt or electronic payment slip, they may be considered as an eligible receipt.
- In case of any disputes, the Hong Kong Tourism Board reserves the right of final decision.
No. One room booking can only enjoy one Discounted Staycation Offer of a HK$500 discount. Each booking can only use the discount once.
- No. Because of concerns such as confirming authenticity and reprinting, only machine-printed receipts from physical outlets are accepted.
- Where goods ordered and fully or partially paid for online are collected at the physical outlet, this would still be considered online shopping and would not satisfy the requirement of spending at a physical outlet. Such receipts would not be eligible for the Programme.
- No. To maximise public participation, each receipt can be redeemed for one Discounted Staycation Offer. One Discounted Staycation Offer applies to one room booking only.
- To meet the HK$800 spending requirement, each person can accumulate spending from a maximum of two machine-printed receipts.
To avoid repeated redemption, receipts will not be returned. Reprints or copies of the original receipts are not accepted. Please make alternative arrangements with the merchant for aftersales services.
The purchase amount will be calculated based on the total purchase amount on your provided receipt. Please note that each receipt can be redeemed for one Discounted Staycation Offer only.
- The Discounted Staycation Offer is available on a first come, first served basis subject to availability. Please wait for the hotel’s reply after submission. The hotel will inform you whether your booking is successful within 48 hours upon receiving booking details and your receipt(s).
- If you do not hear from the hotel after 48 hours, please contact the hotel directly to check your booking status.
Due to the overwhelming response of the programme, hotels may receive many bookings when the programme booking period starts and it takes time to handle and reply. Please be patient. Hotels will provide confirmation to those successful bookings within 48 hours upon receipt of booking details and verification of receipt(s). If you do not receive a reply from the hotel within 48 hours, please contact the hotel directly to check the reservation status.
The Discounted Staycation Offer can only be used on booking a hotel staycation. It is not applicable to hotel products that consist of only hotel dining or other consumption or services in hotels.
Designated quarantine hotels are not eligible for the Programme.
Changes or cancellation to a confirmed hotel reservation will depend on the hotel’s terms and conditions for the selected hotel stays. You will need to enquire with your hotel or refer to the cancellation policy provided by the hotel.
- You must present the following documents to the hotel to prove your eligibility:
- Valid Hong Kong Identity Card, aged 18 or above;
- Original hardcopy and/or electronic record of his/her COVID-19 vaccinations (at least one dose) issued by the Department of Health of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government.
- Submit no more than two original machine-printed receipts for purchase of HK$800 or more at physical retail and/or dining outlets, the copy(ies) of which should have been provided to the Participating Hotel for confirming the booking prior to check-in.
- No vaccination requirement is applied to accompanying guest(s).
- Yes. You must submit the original machine-printed receipt(s) from the merchant(s) at the time of check-in. The original receipt(s) will not be returned. No re-printed or copied receipt(s) will be accepted. To confirm the booking, you will be required to send a copy of the receipt(s) for their verification.
- For the requirements of a valid receipt, please refer to question 4.