- The ‘Staycation Delights’ Programme (the ‘Programme’) runs from 16 August to 2 November 2021 (both dates inclusive) unless otherwise stated. The spending period will be from 16 August to 31 October 2021; the booking period will be from 9am on 7 September 2021 to 31 October 2021; and the hotel stay period will be from 7 September to 2 November 2021 (last check-in date on 31 October 2021).
- A participant who fulfils all the following requirements is eligible to enjoy a HK$500 discount at a participating hotel under HolidayHK.com ‘Staycation Delights’ section (‘Participating Hotel’) for any overnight accommodation offer of up to two nights with a minimum value of HK$500 nett (including 10 per cent service charge) per booking (‘Discounted Staycation Offer’) under the Programme:
- he/she has attained the age of 18 before hotel check-in;
- he/she is either (i) a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (‘Hong Kong’) holding a valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card (‘Permanent Resident’) or (ii) a non-permanent resident of Hong Kong holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card (‘Non-permanent Resident’);
- he/she has received at least one dose^ of the COVID-19 vaccine under the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme implemented by the Hong Kong SAR Government before staycation check-in. The vaccine(s) must be received in Hong Kong; and
^ HKTB has the sole and absolute discretion, according to the relevant provisions in these terms and conditions, in determining whether any individual is an eligible participant. The decision of the HKTB shall be final and binding.
- he/she has spent HK$800 or more (each set of original machine-printed receipt(s) up to a maximum of two receipts can only be redeemed once per person) at an eligible physical retail* and/or physical dining# outlet in Hong Kong during the Programme spending period.
* Retail is defined as the resale of tangible goods to the general public for personal or household consumption or utilisation. No processing or transformation of the goods should be involved in the resale process. This definition is widely applied in official industry statistics. For example, tangible goods do not include personal services, agency services, prepaid/gift cards, admission tickets, tokens, transport tickets, financial products, foreign currency exchanges etc, and the customers of tangible goods should not primarily be industrial, commercial and institutional users, or other retail users. Hence, this Programme does not cover stores primarily engaged in personal and business services. The determination as to whether resale is without transformation or whether goods are sold mainly to the general public for personal or household consumption will be made conclusively by the Hong Kong Tourism Board (‘HKTB’).
# Dining outlets should hold a valid food business licence issued by the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department. Types of licences include general restaurants, light refreshment restaurants and factory canteens. Please access https://www.fehd.gov.hk/english/licensing/licence-foodPremises-rest.html for the list.
For the avoidance of doubt: (i) only purchases with full payment made in person at physical outlets in Hong Kong are eligible for this offer; (ii) online purchases, whether made with full or partial payment and whether for delivery of the goods, foods, beverages or any other item to a designated delivery address or for pickup at a physical outlet, are not eligible for this offer; and (iii) any reference to the expression ‘physical’ in respect of retail and/or dining outlets shall be interpreted strictly in accordance with paragraphs (i) and (ii) above in addition to all other terms and conditions.
- There is no limit to the number of Discounted Staycation Offers redeemable per person, as long as the participant meets all the requirements defined in paragraph 2(a-d) above and the staycation offer is still available and within the quota of the Programme.
- A valid machine-printed receipt must clearly specify the merchant’s name, item(s) purchased, date and purchase amount.
- The following receipts are not eligible for the Programme: purchases of admission tickets; cake coupons/vouchers; cash vouchers; gift vouchers or cards; stored-value cards; stamps; tokens; subscription; stored-value membership cards; car washes; petrol filling; telecommunications services; medical services; beauty and massage services; course enrolment; banking services; insurance services; investment services; the Hong Kong Jockey Club betting services; charity donations; car parking; deposits of any retail or dining outlets; re-loading of Octopus card; PPS payments; legal fees; real estate agency commission; and rental payments. The above examples are not exhaustive and the decision of HKTB shall be final.
- No re-printed or copied receipts are acceptable for this Programme.
- Discounted Staycation Offer is only valid once per booking and each booking can only use the discount once.
- Discounted Staycation Offers are only valid for new reservations directly made by email or via the hotel system of the Participating Hotels after the Programme booking period starts and with last check-in date by 31 October 2021.
- Discounted Staycation Offers can be used in conjunction with Participating Hotels’ other promotional offers, discounted items, fixed price items and coupons/vouchers.
- Discounted Staycation Offers are valid on all bookable dates of the overnight accommodation offers provided by the Participating Hotels. Please check with Participating Hotels for details.
- Discounted Staycation Offers cannot be exchanged for cash, other products or discounts and the redeemed Discounted Staycation Offers are not refundable.
- Discounted Staycation Offers only apply to the offers with overnight hotel accommodation and are not applicable to packages which consist of only hotel dining or other consumption or services in hotels.
- Discounted Staycation Offers are available on a first come, first served basis subject to availability according to the time when the hotel receives the booking request and receipt(s) copies. A successful booking submission does not mean that the hotel has confirmed your booking. No prior notice will be given if the Discounted Staycation Offers are all consumed/no longer available.
- After the hotel booking is confirmed, if the participant cancels the reservation or changes the date or the name of the participant(s) for any reason, any cancellation or rescheduling will be subject to the Participating Hotel’s terms and conditions.
- Upon hotel check-in, the participant must present the original hardcopy and/or electronic record of his/her COVID-19 vaccination(s) (at least one dose) issued by the Department of Health of the Hong Kong SAR Government and a valid Hong Kong Identity Card to the hotel for identity verification. No vaccination requirement is applied to accompanying guest(s)**. Each participant should also provide no more than two original machine-printed receipts for purchase of HK$800 or more at physical retail and/or dining outlets in Hong Kong, the copy(ies) of which should have been provided to the Participating Hotel for booking confirmation. No receipts will be returned to the participant afterwards. Participants will not be eligible for the Discounted Staycation Offer if he/she fails to provide any of the above information to the Participating Hotel and will be required to pay the staycation offer at its original selling price without the discount under this Programme.
**Paragraph 2(a-d) above are not applicable to any accompanying guest.
- Credit card details may be required by the Participating Hotels for payment guarantee purposes and the collection of such details shall be subject to the relevant privacy policies of the respective Participating Hotels.
- Participating Hotels are required to operate in accordance with the Hong Kong SAR Government’s anti-pandemic regulations and other social-distancing measures. Participating Hotels on the ‘List of Buildings with Confirmed/Probable Cases of COVID-19’ announced by the Government may at HKTB’s sole discretion be removed or suspended from the Programme for such period as HKTB deems appropriate.
- Participating Hotels are solely responsible for all products, services, consultations and advice offered to eligible participants under the Programme. HKTB is not the supplier of any of the products, services, consultations and advice and makes no representation, warranty relating or in connection with the Discounted Staycation Offers provided by the Participating Hotels and shall not be liable in relation thereto.
- Details of staycations are subject to the terms and conditions of the Participating Hotel. HKTB and/or Participating Hotels (as applicable) reserve the right to amend, change or cancel any detail concerning the staycation or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All staycations for the Programme are provided by Participating Hotels. HKTB shall not be liable in any way to any person (whether by way of indemnity or contribution or otherwise) for any claim whatsoever directly or indirectly arising from or in connection with the hotel stay whether for property damage, personal injury or death or of any other nature whether or not the same is caused by the act, omission or negligence of HKTB. Without prejudice to the foregoing and to the maximum extent permitted by law, any claim or potential claim a Participant or the accompanying guest(s) may have against HKTB in connection with the Staycation shall be deemed to be fully waived by Participant and/or the accompanying guest(s) under the Programme.
- Employees of HKTB and Participating Hotels will not be eligible to participate in the Programme.
- In case of any dispute between the Participant and HKTB or Participating Hotel, the decision of HKTB or Participating Hotel (respectively) shall be final.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Your well-being and safety is our priority. Find tips on staying healthy and get the latest updates on the Hong Kong Government's website.
Think you’ve seen it all in Hong Kong? Think again! Welcome to the one-stop platform by the Hong Kong Tourism Board for exploring the city with fresh eyes, because the possibilities are endless when you holiday at home. Reconnect with your city — and your friends — by following our themed itineraries, including exciting new West Kowloon walking itineraries and offers on everything from the top attractions to delicious food and drinks, shopping and so much more.
While planning your activities, be aware of the latest updates of the health situation on the Hong Kong Government's website. Some attractions, restaurants and shops may have special operating hours in place. Before you visit, please check their respective websites. Stay tuned for more offers and see something new in every view at home!
Thematic walking guide in West Kowloon
‘Staycation delights’ are fully redeemed.
Thank you for your support! Staycation delights has received an overwhelming response and the hotel offers are fully redeemed. But don't miss heaps of other offers on everything from shopping to dining during your holiday at home!
For those who have already booked a staycation, remember to present your COVID-19 vaccination record and a valid Hong Kong Identity Card, and submit the original verified receipt(s) to the hotel upon check-in. The HK$500 discount will be deducted from your hotel bill after your staycation. No receipts will be returned afterwards. Please communicate with the merchant and get another copy of your receipt(s) for personal use if required. If you have any further enquiries, please contact the hotel directly or call our hotline at 2807 6500.